Software Improvement Group, Europe’s leading authority on code quality and maintenance, has performed an evaluation of Asysco’s Migration Technology. In the report SIG explores:
- Quality of the post-conversion source code, compared to pre-conversion, in terms of maintainability ;
- Impact on source code maintenance activities of an existing development team ;
- Software engineering practices supported by the post-conversion development environments, compared to today’s industry standards;
- Organisational and strategic implications to take into consideration;
According to SIG, when comparing the original legacy code with the converted code, the overall code maintainability rating improves through Asysco’s transformation.
The key findings of the report are:
- All conversions (to C#, LION and AMT-COBOL) result in a system that is as maintainable as the original system, and ultimately provide developers with more and better tools to do their job;
- ‘Off-the-shelf’, all options allow organisations to move away from the mainframe infrastructure;
- Organisations get a vastly improved (AMT) or state-of-the art (Visual Studio) development environment.
SIG gives technology leaders the visibility they need to address current software problems and prevent future ones from ever happening. Drawing on proprietary methods and decades of expertise, SIG helps organizations fundamentally improve the security and performance of the enterprise applications that support every aspect of their businesses.
Download the SIG report: