French Insurer SPB says good-bye to the Unisys Mainframe and moves to Azure Cloud with the Asysco solutionMay 30, 2018
SPB, the European leader in affinity insurance and services, has chosen Asysco to migrate them off their Unisys mainframe and to fully deploy the migrated system into the Microsoft Azure cloud.
SPB was looking for an agile and modern alternative for their mainframe and contacted Asysco. After talking to Asysco reference customers like Aegon and Vivat, and once SPB had fully understood and embraced the benefits of Asysco Migration Technology (AMT), they immediately decided to go for the Asysco solution and to start the project.
About the project
The scope of the legacy transformation project includes …
- Unisys A-Series (Libra) mainframe
- Applications with approx. 6 Mio. lines of legacy code (including LINC, COBOL, WFL)
- DMS II databases with a combined production volume of around 1 TB
The foreseen target platform is Microsoft’s Azure cloud, and the target IDE is Asysco’s proven AMT LION solution. As always, Asysco will deliver the project under a fixed time, fixed price regime. The Go-Live of the migrated environment is currently scheduled for early next year.
Benefits for SPB
- Reduce system risk (support expiration, skills availability)
- Eliminate Unisys mainframe lock-in
- Avoid future cost (not having to upgrade existing legacy technology) and dramatically lower infrastructure TCO
- Drive innovation through cloud computing through….
- Enabling and empowering agility and productivity
- Introduction of competition and choice
- Open standards and commoditization
About SPB Group
SPB is the European leader in the insurance of everyday products with 50 million policyholders in 16 countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, the United Kingdom and the USA.
As a family business from Normandy, founded in 1965, SPB operates as a broker and offers unique expertise in designing and managing tailor-made insurance programs, warranty extensions and related services for mobile phones, nomadic, banking, provident, life events, travel, leisure, household goods, energy or health products.
SPB supports more than 100 major brands, including Auchan, BNP Paribas, Bouygues Telecom, Carrefour, Cdiscount, Digitick, E. Leclerc, Fnac Shows, Gamestop / Micromania, LCL, Lloyds Bank, Orange, Media Market Europe, Proximus.
For more information: www.spb.eu