Migrate mainframe to .NET
Asysco offers a mainframe to .NET migration option that can convert legacy mainframe systems
into .NET code (C#) and into MS SQL Server or other relational databases, allowing migrated
systems to leverage the benefits of managed code executing in .NET Core.
.NET solutions to replace legacy systems
This conversion process creates .NET solutions and projects allowing .NET web applications to replace legacy systems.
It offers an effective means of preserving legacy, mission-critical applications far beyond their original intended lifetimes by interpreting the ‘intent’ of the legacy code and converting applications into an N-tier, web-based distributed systems architecture while leveraging mainstream principles provided by the .NET platform.
Typically, the conversion of a legacy language to native .NET can create anywhere from two to five times of the lines source code to support it. However, AMT Transform has been engineered to leverage class libraries to limit the increase in the amount of code while staying true to the shape and structure of the legacy business logic.
This allows legacy developers to focus on and maintain the code with their business rules; not the ‘plumbing’.
Optionally it offers the application runtime framework with many new capabilities, that are not typically provided within the mainframe terminal emulator:
- Ad-hoc report management and print utility allow end-users to run and view ad-hoc reports as required and automatically support output directly to physical or logical printers and PDF or TXT file formats.
- Messaging provides a central location for users to view and respond to awaiting messages and requests.
- A Deployment Center which allows code deployment from one build set to another
- A Database Reorganize Controller that checks and maintains the correct build version as well as applies the physical changes to the database.
- A report builder for text and graphical reports
- A build tool for just in time compilation of objects upon changes of a table, index, copy-lib
Once the transformation to native .NET has been made you have the liberty to continue development in the exact same way as you did on the original platform. The generated .NET code has been proven to be easily maintainable/manageable and is fully future-proof.
Please contact us for a detailed overview of our .NET based AMT GO architecture.