Case study: Toolbank
Asysco migrated Toolbank’s Unisys Libra Mainframes to open systems, using Asysco Migration Technology. Decades ago Toolbank Computer Services (TCS) started to develop software on Unisys machines (based on the LINC language), providing support to their core business functions like Customer Management, Order Taking, Stocks, etc. The migration resulted in significant improvements for both the IT Staff, management as well as the end user community.
The migration project included:
- Conversion of the proprietary Unisys DMSII database (in excess of 100 GB) to SQL standard
- Turnkey delivery of all applications into production for some 500 end users
- Conservation of all existing interfaces
- A guaranteed 24 hours system’s availability
- First class system monitoring and control functions
“Throughout the migration process we were always impressed by the commitment, dedication, and most important, ability of everyone working with us at Asysco.
The end result is exactly what was promised.”
Phil Corby, IT & Logistics Director, Toolbank
Toolbank is one of Europe’s leading specialist distributors of Hand and Power Tools and operates from 13 strategically placed warehouses throughout the United Kingdom.
As a B2B company, it handles a range of up to 25,000 quality products, and maintains business relations with many of the leading independent DIY retailers and the world’s leading manufacturers.
Download the case study:
Let's have a chat
Get in touch with an Asysco expert