Technical Services Consultant (USA)
Do you want to provide IT Consultancy to help Enterprise Business Customers to modernize their business all over the world? Then this role of Technical Services Consultant is a perfect match for you!
Being in the position of Technical Services Consultant, you provide onsite and remote technical services to new and existing customers. You spend time working on the site analysis, delivery, configurations, version upgrades, customizations, cloud deployment, training, and other technical needs of customers, using our .NET and Java-based solutions. Does this appeal to you? Please read on.
What are your responsibilities?
As a Technical Services Consultant, you are primarily responsible for facilitating legacy migration projects and delivering post-migration/modernization technical services and support to customers. This is what you are going to do:
- Assist Sales with pre-project Technical Q&A and Proof of Concept deliveries;
- Conduct the Site Survey (inventory and analysis) of the client’s AS-IS legacy environment. This includes writing and presenting the detailed Site Survey Report;
- Facilitate the gathering of all aspects of the legacy environment (source code, data, scripts, and documentation) to be migrated;
- Facilitate the delivery of the migrated sources and data including the setup and configuration of the target environment (Linux or Windows Server, SQL or Oracle, IIS, NAS/SAN, VM’s, Azure or AWS Cloud, etc.);
- Assist with testing including replicating any defects resulting from the environment configuration or automated convertors and decide as to the best course of action for resolution;
- Conduct technical training for client developers and operators;
What does working at Asysco look like?
Asysco has a worldwide reputation in software modernization. Good relations and collaboration with partners such as Accenture, Microsoft, TCS, Fujitsu and many other Systems Integrators are proof of the fact that Asysco has been a frontrunner in delivering successful Legacy Transformation solutions for over 40 years now.
Asysco has developed a highly automated code and data conversion process that removes the need for large pools of labor to perform IBM and Unisys mainframe and mid-tier COBOL migrations. Asysco facilitates the turnkey transformation of legacy COBOL workloads to native Java or .NET and the client’s choice of target runtime residing on a multi-tiered Linux or Windows Server, with data migrated to Oracle or SQL Server deployed Microsoft Azure or AWS Cloud platform. We at Asysco have built a solid base of satisfied clients and are looking to further extend this success as we grow our organization.
As a Technical Services Consultant, you will be closely working together with 40 skilled and motivated Consultants and Software Engineers. Asysco is a flat organization, with a personal atmosphere. Everyone knows each other, and there is room for conversation, informal consultation, and team building. There is a mix of seniority and young talent, which results in an atmosphere of continuous learning.
What do we expect from you?
As a Technical Services Consultant, you have a quality perspective. You can ask the right questions to customers, to understand what the customer wants. You demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences, and you are comfortable with diversity in the workplace. You can work independently, but you can also effectively collaborate with geographically distributed teams.
To fill the position of Technical Services Consultant, we expect you to have:
- Three or more years of experience with enterprise-scale computer programming, system analysis, and/or systems administration;
- A degree in Computer Science or in a related field such as CIS or MIS;
- Advanced programming experience with Java or C#/.NET, and PowerShell or Python;
- Experience with SDLC and currently supported versions of Modern IDE’s such as Visual Studio or IntelliJ;
- Experience with currently supported relational database management systems including MS SQL Server, Oracle, and/or DB2;
- Experience with virtualization VMWare or Hyper-V;
- Experience with Cloud IaaS/PaaS via Azure, AWS, Google, or Oracle public Cloud;
- Good communicative abilities, both written and verbally;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75%, including domestic and international.
Are you going to be our next successful Consultant?
Working at Asysco is characterized by working in the latest technology, in a high-paced environment, with highly dedicated and ambitious teams. In this environment, we offer you a challenging position as Technical Services Consultant, with room for growth and input, in a continuously developing and growing global organization.
- A full-time job of 40 hours a week
- A gross salary of $ 55.000 – $ 85.000 a year, dependent on education and experience
- Flexible working hours
- Internal training and education opportunities
- Compensation time for weekend travel
- Sick leave
- Group Life
- Group Health
- Subsidized Mobile Phone and Home Internet
- Subsidized Gym membership
- Sam’s or Costco Club membership
Are you interested in being part of Asysco? Apply now!
Please fill out the application form below and don’t forget to attach your resume.
For additional information, you can contact our North America office at (866) 241-3301 Ext 100 or send an email to email@example.com.